Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tagged!

Saundra tagged me in the comments, so here goes: The rules:
Here are the rules: Players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, players then tags 8 people by posting their names and makes sure they know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog.
  1. The Tall Fella and I have just moved back into our apartment after several decades renovating. On 16 December 2006 we moved into a local fleapit value-priced local motel, expecting to be living there about four weeks. Didn't make sense to get a short-term apartment, now did it? Months and months and months and a kajillion dollars later, we moved back in. Did I mention that our place is 800 square feet and that I now consider it inappropriate for people to casually mention that many builders can construct entire houses - nay, entire developments - in that timeframe? Still, we love it, we really do. There is no joy like moving into a place you've finally made yours - and one of the joys of living in said small fleapit is that our place now seems gigantic. Roomy. Airy. There's still a few dotting of Is and crossing of Ts - Frank the Contractor is working on it as I type - but we really really are nearly finished, almost.
  2. I have Irish and Canadian passports, and am just eligible to apply for US citizenship, which I am going to do as soon as we get a printer at home. I really, really want to vote.
  3. I went to law school but even though I finished I never did the bar or anything. Instead I moved to London where I started photocopying for British Telecom. Good times.
  4. I love Americana and if we weren't planning to live in our apartment until they carry us out in a box, I'd mostly love to live in a house in the sticks, where I could rock on the porch with a straw in my mouth and a shotgun across my lap.
  5. I'm around 5'10, 5'91/2, something like that, but I haven't grown an inch since I was about eleven.
  6. Once I won Karl Cassell's voice on my home answering machine, but then Verizon wiped the message. Man, was I pissed.
  7. My name never, ever rhymes with Fiona. It's spelled R-i-o-n-a, but it's pronounced Ma'am.
  8. My superpower is that I never, ever get a hangover.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Carl Kasell?!!? No freakin' way!

So how does he do it? Does he come to your house? Does he call you? Does he just send a tape of his voice??

Riona said...

Hey S. - you give him your script and the code to your voicemail and he just calls it in. For all I know he's still listening to my voicemail right now. Here's what he said:

Madam Riona does not care to take your call right now. Please leave your name and number for your consideration. Now if you'll excuse me, the ironing is piling up and these dishes don't wash themselves.

Riona said...

"her" consideration. Not "your".

Dataceptionist said...

who's carl kasell???

Followers